A little routine maintenance can help avoid big expensive repairs. Here’s how:
- Dust off the condenser coils. Vacuum accumulated dust with a crevice or brush attachment, or whisk it away with a small brush. Cleaning helps the compressor to work efficiently, save electricity and even prevent compressor burn out.
- Cover acidic foods. Store acidic foods such as tomatoes and pickles in plastic containers with tight-fitting lids. These foods emit acids that in time will corrode refrigerant lines and trigger unnecessary repairs.
Check Mate Electrostatic Cleaning System
The Check Mate Electrostatic Cleaning System saves time and money for disinfecting and sanitizing operations. Both hand-held and backpack battery-operated sprayers spray electrically charged droplets. Like tiny magnets, the droplets are attracted to naturally negatively charged surfaces. You get better surface adhesion and a spray that reaches even into into nooks, crannies and undersides that normal cleaning methods miss.
Hobart dishwashing machines benefit your operation with increased productivity and efficiency while saving you money in energy and chemical costs. For example, available heat-exchange technology transfers heat from wash-cycle steam to incoming water and can typically save up to $1,568 in water and energy costs annually.
Heat-exchange tech is just one of the available advanced features that include:
- Automatic pump-out of food particles missed in pre-scrapping that results in easier dish cleaning, cleaner water, and lower detergent and liming agent usage
- Simple control pads to set the appropriate cleaning mode with a touch
- Ventless models that eliminate the need for costly ventilation systems (which typically cost $3,500 or more)
- Large door openings to load even large 18” x26” pans with ease
- Door-actuated start with running light indicator for super easy operation
- Ergonomic design with easy-access, snap-on washer arms, scrap basket and fine strainer for fast, no-hassle closing operations
- Multiple cycles for cleaning pots/pans as well as delicate ware in one machine – no dedicating staff to hand-scrubbing pots and pans
- Low-temp models and high-temp models that deliver 180°F rinse-water for proper cleaning and sanitizing
Germs affect your business:
- Flu viruses can live on surfaces – from door knobs to bathroom faucets — for up to 48 hours
- Proper cleaning and disinfection can reduce exposure to contagious viruses by 80-90%
- Workers and customers often “show up” despite having flu/cold symptoms
- Employee absenteeism and showing up sick cost the U.S. economy $227 billion each year
- The flu causes more than $10.4 billion in lost revenue for businesses annually
- The average desk has about 400 times more germs than the average toilet seat
- Office telephones used by multiple people typically have about 25,000 germs per square inch on surfaces
A dull knife is a dangerous knife. It’s less efficient and productive too.
Dull knives require more force and can slip during cutting. That means more erratic cutting, less control, more chance for accidents, and more time for cutting tasks. It also can make a mess of your food and ruin the presentation (such as tomatoes in a salad).
Sharp knives need less effort to cut cleanly, quickly and precisely.
With proper technique, you can make short work of food prep. Greater kitchen safety, efficiency, productivity and visually pleasing food presentation are where it’s at.
We now carry Kimberly-Clark, one of the most trusted names in the industry. Offering great product brands like Kleenex and Scott, Kimberly-Clark is deeply committed to environmental sustainability.
You can save $1000 on each of these Duke ovens and Pitco fryers – and cut energy use for long-term savings.
Dexter UR-Cut Knives: Moldable handles for a personalized grip
Dip the handle in boiling water, dip it briefly in cold water and then grasp to create a handle with the ultimate individualized grip.